AnnouncementPosted on September 14, 2015
“ The ultimate objective of nation building is peace and harmony for Bhutan and her people”His Majesty the Druk Gyalpo
De Suung Head Office,( De- Suung – Guardians of peace and harmony), Lungtenphug, Thimphu
The Office of the De-Suung would like to invite interested senior officials (Members of Parliament and National Council, Director Generals/Directors, CEOs of Corporation/private companies, Dzongdags, Drangpons, Dzongrabs, Thrimrabs, Drungpas and Chiefs of Divisions) both from the Public and Private Sector with relevant qualification to volunteer for the seventeenth batch Integrated De – Suung Training Programme at Tencholing, Wangduephodrang from 12th October to 24th October 2015 ( 2 weeks) on a first come first serve basis.
- The integrated Training Program is uniquely designed to impart basic knowledge and skills in various fields such as disaster rescue and relief operations, environment and development, survival skills, leadership and personal development.
- Candidates who complete the course successfully will become lifelong registered members of the De-Suung organization.
- 125 volunteer candidates( 80 male and 45 female) will be selected for the course.
- Food, lodging, uniforms, bedding, toiletries and other basic essentials for the duration of the training will be provided by the management.
Further details of the training program are provided below:
- Guest lecture Series
- Seminar and Plenary Discussions
- Documentary screening on topical issues
- Physical endurance training
- Simulation exercises and field drills
- Interactive learning
- Team building and management exercise
Sample topics of the Training Program
- Overview of National Security
- National Security Framework Seminar
- Importance of Security for National Development
- Recreational Activities
- Camping and Expedition Exercises
- Physical Training
- White water rafting
- Living off the land
- National Vision
- Executive Interactive Session on Nation building
- Documentary screening on Bhutanese history
- Seminar on Development Opportunities and Challenges for Modern Bhutan
- “ Kidu”as an economic intervention and investment program
- Disaster Management: Specific Challenges for Bhutan
- Flood Control Measures
- Specific challenges for forest fire management
- Fire safety: Use of Equipment and standard rules of procedures during fire events
- Field drill on water rescue
- GLOF( Glacier Lake Outburst Floods) presentation and documentary
Environment and Development
- Current and emerging challenges
- Environmental Investments and Opportunities
- First Aid lectures and exercises
- Basic Paramedic and Trauma Management
- Seminar on Public Health Issues
Tradition and Culture
- Seminar on Cultural and Spiritual Heritage
- Unique tradition of civility
Leadership and Management
- Individual growth, lifelong learning and critical thinking
- Documents required
- Signed Application Form
- Copy of Citizenship ID Card
- Medical Certificate
- Security Clearance
- Photocopy of Degree/Diploma/ Certificate
- NOC from concerned agencies
- Two passport size photographs
- Completed Application Materials should be submitted to the De-Suung Head Office, Lungtenphug located within the premises of the RBA Officers’ Institute.
Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, 16th September until Friday, 2nd October 2015.
Selected candidates will be informed individually and three sets of uniform will be issued on 3rd October 2015 within the premises of the RBA Officers’ Institute.
- The application forms can be collected from the De-Suung Head Office, RBA Officers Institute, Lungtenphug, Thimphu at the time of registration during office hours.
For further enquiries please call 340353/17625186 during office hours