“ The ultimate objective of nation building is peace and harmony for Bhutan and her people”
His Majesty the Druk Gyalpo
De Suung Head Office
( De- Suung – Guardians of peace and harmony)
The Office of the De-Suung would like to invite interested teachers to volunteer for the 10th batch Integrated De - Suung Training Programme at Tencholing, Wangduephodrang from13th January 2nd February 2014 (3 weeks) on a first come first serve basis.
·The integrated Training Program is uniquely designed to impart basic knowledge and skills in various fields such as disaster rescue and relief operations, environment and development, survival skills, leadership and personal development.
·Teacher candidates who complete the course successfully will become lifelong registered members of the De-Suung organization.
·125 teacher volunteers( 80 male and 45 female) will be selected for the course.
·Food, lodging, uniforms, bedding, toiletries and other basic essentials for the duration of the training will be provided by the management.
Further details of the training program are provided below:
A. Training Structure/Format
a.Guest lecture Series
b.Seminar and Plenary Discussions
c.Documentary screening on topical issues
d.Physical endurance training
e.Simulation exercises and field drills
f. Interactive learning
g.Team building and management exercises
B. Sample topics of the Training Program
· Overview of National Security
·National Security Framework Seminar
·Importance of Security for National Development
· Recreational Activities
·Camping and Expedition Exercises
·White water rafting
·Living off the land
· National Vision
· Executive Interactive Session on Nation building
· Documentary screening on Bhutanese history
· Seminar on Development Opportunities and Challenges for Modern Bhutan
· " Kidu”as an economic intervention and investment program
4. Disaster Management
· Disaster Management: Specific Challenges for Bhutan
· Flood Control Measures
· Specific challenges for forest fire management
· Fire safety: Use of Equipment and standard rules of procedures during fire events
· Field drill on water rescue
· GLOF( Glacier Lake Outburst Floods) presentation and documentary
5. Environment and Development
· Current and emerging challenges
· Environmental Investments and Opportunities
6. Emergency Medicine
· First Aid lectures and exercises
· Basic Paramedic and Trauma Management
· Seminar on Public Health Issues
7. Tradition and Culture
· Seminar on Cultural and Spiritual Heritage
· Unique tradition of civility
8. Leadership and Management
· Individual growth, lifelong learning and critical thinking
A. Documents required
1. Signed Application Form
2. Copy of Citizenship ID Card
3. Medical Certificate
4. Security Clearance
5. Copy of Teaching Certificate
6. Two passport size photographs
B. Completed Application Materials should be submitted to the De-Suung Head Office, Lungtenphug located within the premises of the RBA Officers’ Institute.
Applications will be accepted from Monday, 23rd December until Friday, 3rd January 2014.
Selected candidates will be informed individually and uniform will be issued on 4th January 2014 at De-Suung Head Office, RBA Officers Institute, Lungtenphug.
·The application forms can be collected from the De-Suung Head Office, RBA Officers Institute, Lungtenphug, Thimphu at the time of registration during office hours or can be downloaded from the Desuung website -www.desuung.org.bt
For further enquiries please call 340353/17625186 during office hours.